We believe that it is important to understand how, by applying creams and lotions, human skin can be damaged or rejuvenated. Our aim is to give you some guidance on what you need to be aware of when you decide to apply Natural Body Skin Care to your Body. This will give you some insight into what creams and lotions would be better for your skin.
About Our Skin
Did you know that our Skin is the largest organ in our body? In fact it is close to 2 square metres in area.Our skin colours vary due to a pigment called Melanin and every day 500 million cells are shed from our body. We believe it is important for you be aware of this when it comes to using natural body skin care products, as it is most important to take care of your skin.
Our skin has many important functions:
- It stops water from entering our body
- It reduces our loss of water
- It protects our body from infection
- It helps regulate our body temperature
- It produces our vitamin D for our body
- It protects us from damage by ultraviolet light rays
- It contains cells that are part of the immune system
- It allows excess water (perspiration) to be expelled through the pores
- It allows some Medicine and cosmetic chemicals to enter
- It creates Melanin which gives us the colour in our skin.
So what can we do to protect our skin?
If we use skin care products that offer ultraviolet protection, we can help keep our skin looking fresh and youthful. We should use sunscreen 30+ every day and then reapply regularly whenever we are outdoors for any extended periods. Of course, sunscreen only protects our skin from the suns rays, and does not stop our skin from drying out.
That is why we should use the correct moisturising creams or lotions for our skin, preferable those with coconut oil, ceramides or hyaluronic acid. Of course natural body skin care produced products are more suitable than the synthetic creams and lotions..
Are there Other ways we can look after our skin?
We can wash our face daily (2 times or more) with warm water and a mild cleanser.
- Daily Use our fingers to massage our face.
- Make sure we rinse off all soap or dirt from our skin.
- It is a good idea to pat the skin dry- not rub with a towel before applying moisturiser.
- Most importantly, drinks lots of fluids and always have short lukewarm showers. Prolonged coverage with water dries out and removes oils from our skin.
- As our skin is an Organ, a healthy diet is a component for a healthy skin.
- Believe it or not, Smoking ages our skin, and wounds take longer to heal.
The best ways to care for our skin is by applying a Cream or Lotion
Our diffferent skin types determine the characteristics needed in Natural Body Skin Care Lotions and Creams.
- Oily skin being shiny, normally has large pores, but it usually ages better.
- Combination skin type is oily on forehead, nose and chin, but dry on the cheeks.
- Dry skin usually feels tight, being noticible with visible fine lines around the eyes and forehead.
- Sensitive skin will flush easily and often reacts to creams with stinging or burning sensations and rashes.
- Normal skin has a smooth and even texture, and it is never oily or dry, tolerating most skincare products.
As our skin is our largest Organ and we cannot function without it, It makes sense to take great care of it. Natural body skin care will always be the most effective and less potential damaging products to apply to our skin and the most important criteria in deciding what types of creams and lotions are to be used, is in determining a person’s skin type.